Friday, August 27, 2010

Hands-On Project 8-4 (Page 296)


Objective ad Verbatim:

“OpenID is a decentralized open source FIM that does not require specific software to be installed on the desktop. OpenID is a uniform resource locator (URL)-based identity system. In this project, you create and use an OpenID account.”

Process:

1. First, I pointed my browser to Verisign’s registration page (pip.verisignlabs.com) to sign up for an OpenID account. After entering in all the required information, I clicked ‘Create Account’.


2. The submit brought me to a confirmation page of the creation of my account giving me a multitude of options and my PIP URL.


3. From the page, ‘My Account’ allows you to personalize and update your personal details as well as add an avatar.


4. Now, to test out that the account is valid, I signed out and logged into the PIP.


5. If I clicked on ‘My Information’, it takes me to a summary of my profile where I can see and edit the information contained in the account.


Reflection:

This practical demonstrates how easy it is to obtain an OpenID to use with sites that support it.

Sine Cera,
Jeremy Heng.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Hands-On Project 8.4 Sources

No comments:

Post a Comment